We are looking for qualified candidates to join our team of Spanish teachers.
If you are looking for an exciting and supportive work environment consider Sombrero Time for your next career move. Extensive training and competitive wages are offered to all employees.
If you meet the minimum applicant requirements listed below please submit your resume and cover letter via email to:
All candidates must meet these minimum requirements:
- Native Spanish Speaker
- 2 year Associates or 4 year Bachelors degree
- Experience teaching or working with children
- Must possess a love for working with children
- Maintain a current CA drivers license with clean driving record and meet minimum liability insurance required by law
- Enthusiastic, “can do” positive attitude
- Must be a team player and self starter
- Be willing to be finger printed and background checked
Additional Skills/Experience Desired:
- Active BCLAD or Single Subject Credential
- Volunteer Work
- Experience working with elementary grades
- Musical talent that can be used in the classroom a plus
- Submit resume with cover letter via email. In your cover letter clearly state how you meet our minimum hiring requirements with examples.
- If you meet the minimum requirements, as stated above, we will contact you to set up a phone interview
- Phone interview with hiring manager
- Face to face interview
- Teaching observation
We look forward to speaking with you!
Summer Intern Program Description:
A summer internship with Sombrero Time is both a great extension of language skills and a valuable introduction to a potential career in education! As a learning and growing company, Sombrero Time loves to see students that have gone through the invaluable experience of learning a language come back and share the gift of Spanish in a powerful way.
Interning at a Sombrero Time Summer Camp entails the following:
- Assisting to set-up and clean up before and after the Summer Camp session they are working
- Preparing art project materials and games
- Independently leading students in activities
- Committing to immersive Spanish instruction (speaking ONLY in Spanish to campers)
- Interacting with parents in an informed and professional manner
Characteristics we look for in a Sombrero Time intern:
- Motivated and proactive self-starter
- Great with kids ages 5-12
- Bilingual and biliterate (can read, speak and write in Spanish)
- Positive and fun demeanor
Camp Schedule – K-3 Camps runs 4 days per week for 3 hours in the morning and again in the afternoon. You can choose to intern with us for either the morning or the afternoon session, or for both:
- AM Camp Intern Shift: 8:30am-12:30pm, M-Th
- PM Camp Intern Shift: 12:30pm-4:30pm, M-Th (includes both Beginner and Intermediate Spanish camp)
Session A Dates: June 8th-June 26th:
- Week 1 – 6/08
- Week 2 – 6/15
- Week 3 – 6/22
Session B Dates: July 6th-July 24th:
- Week 1 – 7/6
- Week 2 – 7/13
- Week 3 – 7/20
Intern Compensation – Paid and Volunteer positions available:
- All interns that perform to expectations above will receive a letter of recommendation that can be used with college and job applications.
- Lead intern positions will be offered at $12-$15/hour
If you are qualified for an intern position with Sombrero Time and available this Summer, don’t hesitate to apply! Positions are limited.