With a balanced and proven approach to developing curriculum consider the value of what we our curriculum has to offer:
Educators - Sombrero Time provides educators more effective tools, including clear learning objectives, time-saving lesson plans and access to a supportive community of teachers.
Administrators - Sombrero Time is for school administrators who need to provide a sustainable and effective world-language solution that distinguishes their institution and drives enrollment. Unlike traditional publishers, which focus on conversation, verb conjugation and vocabulary, Sombrero Time offers immersive products and support that build truly bilingual and biliterate students.
Why Consider Sombrero Time for your School or District?
- We believe that, in our increasingly global economy, it is imperative our students learn more than one language. Proficiency in a second language produces early cognitive benefits while providing a competitive edge on the job market of tomorrow. The minds of children are wired to start learning language from birth. Traditionally we wait until Jr. High or later to start language instruction. This methodology is fundamentally flawed.
- At Sombrero Time we start children early, when they are at the right age, immerse them in the language, provide them the necessary personal interactions and make them eager to learn while having fun - Sombrero Time students become truly biliterate. They aren’t just “checking a box” – completing two years of language instruction for college admissions. Sombrero Time students learn far more than vocabulary and verb conjugation. Our products and services help build a solid foundation of Spanish language skills in elementary students.
- Educators tell us they need help developing students’ fluency. Our immersive methodology and scripted curriculum set teachers and students up for success by developing:
- Conversational competence in Spanish which parents are looking for
- Reading acumen that will promote life long learning in Spanish
- Spanish speaking, writing and listening capabilities that ensure great outcomes in advanced world language high school classes
We partner with educators to provide goals, structure, materials and support that save time and greatly improve effectiveness.
Check out our exciting new curriculum – “Spanish Classroom in a Box”